- Click Start, highlight "Administrative Tools" and select "Active Directory Users and Computers"
- Now, expand your domain name on the left side, and go to the bottom where it says "Users". Once you click on that, you will see all of the automatically created users, you will also see all of the users you made before you ran dcpromo - that's because they all stay through the promotion to DC. Anyway, to add a user, you can either right click the "Users" folder on the left side, or the blank area on the right side, and highlight "New" then click "User"
- In the next dialog we can set the user's First name, Last name and various other pieces of information, including their log-on name, and domain to which we want to add them
- After clicking "Next" you are presented with the password-settings screen. You can set the user's password and then have them change it on their first log-on by selecting "User must change password at next logon".
- In the next dialog, we get a summary of the user to be created. Click "Finish" and the user has been created.And we're finished!